The After school program Site Coordinator (SC) is a three-quarter time position and is responsible for the coordination and oversight of the after school and summer programs under the direction of the Program Director. The SC is committed to quality and provides leadership, supervision; coaching and support to program staff to ensure desired program goals and outcomes are met.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The After School program Site Coordinator must have the competencies, skills and proven leadership ability to successfully carry out the YMCA mission, goals and vision for serving the community. Other important responsibilities include the following:
Administers the day-to-day operation of the after school program, ensuring compliance with the prescribed fidelity and quality markers.
13. Develops relationships with school and community stakeholders to communicate the goals of the after school and summer programs and ongoing concerns about student needs.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS:
Must have at least a Bachelor’s degree related to youth development or education.
RATE OF PAY: $16:00/HOUR
Download: JOB DESCRIPTION
The teacher is responsible for the daily supervision of up to 15 after-school program participants grades K-12. S/he is responsible for assisting in the planning, development, and implementation of all components and program activities in the after-school program. The Leader guides the academic and social development of children; ensuring a safe, enriching, and healthy learning environment. Group Leaders use a variety of resources, provided by the After-School Site Director to introduce new skills throughout the execution of activities. To accomplish this, Group Leaders are required to participate in ongoing professional development and planning sessions with the After-School Site Director on a scheduled basis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The after school Teacher must have the competencies, skills, and proven leadership ability to successfully carry out the YMCA mission, goals, and visions for serving the community. The after school Teacher will be responsible for the following:
Prepare lesson and activity plans.
10. Assist the site director with planning and attend the parent/caregiver workshops.
11. Work with volunteers and community partners, as needed.
12. Set up for and clean up after all program and classroom activities.
13. Be good stewards in the care and maintenance of YMCA property (e.g., space, equipment, supplies).
14. Collaborate with classroom teachers to ensure individual instruction is aligned with school-based learning activities.
15. Ensures the safety and engagement of children in assigned group.
16. Provide assistance with homework and encourage academic progress.
17. Follows program lesson plans and implementation plan in a developmentally appropriate manner, meeting the individual physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs of the participants.
18. Provides careful, attentive supervision, alert at all times.
19. Serves as a positive role model, demonstrates professional behavior and understand positive youth development approaches to the academic and social development of youth.
20. Facilitates a program environment that invites exploration, promotes positive play, and welcomes children.
21. Promotes a team concept through a positive approach to supervision, communication, and interactions with others. Maintains on-going communication with supervisor.
22. Maintain accurate classroom records as assigned and according to program requirements.
23. Communicates regularly with parents; attends parent/family events as designated by supervisor.
24. Demonstrates a working knowledge of YMCA mission, purpose and goals, child development policies and YMCA standards; ensures the program meets the highest standards of excellence.
25. Assist Site Director in other duties as assigned.
26. Uphold and exemplify the YMCA’s Core Values and principles of Character Development.
RATE OF PAY: 19.00/HOUR
FLSA Status: Non- Exempt, Part-Time
Provides academic tutoring in math and reading for children in grades K-12. Instruction and activities are designed expressly to promote subject mastery, develop grade-level competencies and to teach study skills. Tutoring services are provided during the afterschool and summer time at the Williams Academy and the Williams YMCA locations.
The tutor must have the competencies, skills and proven leadership ability to successfully carry out the YMCA mission, goals and vision for serving the community. Other important responsibilities of the Tutor include the following:
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
Qualified adult, 16 years or older and a minimum of four grades above the student being tutored, who meets academic standards for tutoring and demonstrate competence in subject matter and analyzing student’s academic needs and effectively provide solutions and support in assisting the student to reach their academic potential.
Values. Demonstrates in word and action the Y’s core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility and a commitment to the Y’s mission, in all matters at all times.
Rate of Pay: $8.00/hour
Donload JOB DESCRIPTION
The “Group Leader” is responsible for the daily supervision of up to 15 after-school program participants grades K-12. S/he is responsible for assisting in the planning, development, and implementation of all components and program activities in the after-school program. The Leader guides the academic and social development of children; ensuring a safe, enriching, and healthy learning environment. Group Leaders use a variety of resources, provided by the After-School Site Director to introduce new skills throughout the execution of activities. To accomplish this, Group Leaders are required to participate in ongoing professional development and planning sessions with the After-School Site Director on a scheduled basis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Group Leader must have the competencies, skills, and proven leadership ability to successfully carry out the YMCA mission, goals, and visions for serving the community. The Group Leader will be responsible for the following:
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
RATE OF PAY: $8.00/hour
Download JOB DESCRIPTION
FLSA Status: Non- Exempt Part-Time
Closing Date for Applications: Until Filled
Email Resume to: bonniec(at)ymcaavery.org or mail to:
Williams YMCA ATTN: Human Resources, PO Box 707 Linville, NC 28646
Wellness Coaches are responsible for all aspects of member safety, fitness introduction, supervising, maintaining a clean environment and reinforcing proper fitness techniques in the Wellness Center. As a member of the Wellness team, the Wellness Coach is a constructive employee of the YMCA whose major priority is to serve the members with the highest quality of service and facilities available.
1. At least 18 years of age2. Current certification in CPR, First Aid, AED and O2 (or receive within 60 days of employment)3. Knowledge of strength and cardiovascular training principles4. Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills5. High level of enthusiasm
Under the supervision of the Director of Athletics, the instructor is responsible for developing and implementing a successful children’s gymnastics class at the YMCA. This class is a beginner to intermediate level class that is targeted to children 3-12 years old. The curriculum will be built by the instructor and the YMCA's Director of Athletics. This person is responsible for managing this program in accordance with the stated mission, goals and policies established by the administrative staff, CEO and Board of Directors of the Williams YMCA.
Knowledge and Skills:
Must have a strong desire to work with and encourage children. This position requires and understanding of fundamental gymnastics skills and a commitment to the YMCA Mission and Christian principles.
All applications must be submitted in person at the YMCA or via email to Allison Phillips, Director of Athletics, jamesp(at)ymcaavery.org / 828-737-5500.
For more information or to apply contact Jenn Roark at 737-5500 x311 or jennr(at)ymcaavery.org
Provide direct supervision of a group of children in a child care situation from age 6 weeks to 12 years
Provide a quality experience to children and parents focused on YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
Able to lift 50 pounds
Requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
Occasionally requires working under stressful conditions.
For more information or to apply contact Jenn Roark at 737-5500 x311 or jennr(at)ymcaavery.orgd
Location: YMCA of Avery County
Salary Range: $7.50-$8.25
Benefits: Free Y membership
Employment Type: Part Time, non-exempt
The Williams YMCA of Avery County is seeking outgoing individuals that enjoy working in a fast paced environment to work various shifts (weekends/evenings). 12-25 hours a week. Duties:
Responsibilities include answering phones, greeting members, processing memberships and completing program registrations.
• Excellent customer service skills • Computer experience • Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment • High School diploma or GED
Contact Karen Fugate via email at karenf(at)ymcaavery.org
Please contact Traci Ellis at tracie(at)ymcaavery.org or 828-737-5500 x 313
Please download our employment/volunteer application below, fully complete and attach any additional information if needed, and mail to YMCA of Avery County, Attn: Part-time Opportunities, PO Box 707, Linville, NC 28646; or fax to 828-737-5504.